Introduction to the organization tree
The Populum organization tree represents the organizational structure of your organization, including manager-employee relationships, (sub-)organizational memberships (e.g. BA, subsidiary, group etc.), and team compositions. The organization tree determines how results and reports are aggregated, and can be edited as desired.
How to navigate in the organization tree
The organization tree is found under “Organization” when logged in to Populum, and clicking the link on the start page or in the top menu will take you to your own position in the organization tree.
- Your own manager will be listed above your name, and by clicking his/her name, you will navigate one level upwards in the organization tree.
- If a user has any subordinates, they will be listed under him/her.
- If any of the subordinates are managers themselves, their number of direct reports will be shown.
- By clicking the button with the number of direct reports, the list of the manager’s direct reporting employees will be expanded.
- By clicking a subordinate manager’s name, you will navigate downwards in the organization tree.
- You can also navigate in the organization tree by searching for a specific user or group via his/her name or e-mail address or the group name.
How the reports depend on the organization tree
All reports for a specific survey cycle are created based on how the organization tree looks like at the time the survey cycle closes.
Since the reports are based on how the organization tree looks like at the time the survey cycle closes, any changes made prior to that will affect how the reports are constructed. For instance, if an employee is moved to a new team 5 minutes before the survey cycle closes, his/her answers will be included in the new team’s report (and not his/her previous team’s report) – even if he/she responded to the survey before he/she was moved to the new team.
How to edit the organization tree
Changes to the organization tree are made by navigating to the affected user and clicking the gear wheel button next the the user’s name. The following operations are possible to perform: