The Populum organization tree is built up by positions, which in most cases are held by a user. However, there can also be vacant positions (i.e. positions which no user currently holds). This is typically useful for instance when a team has no (immediate) manager during a recruitment process.
How vacant positions are created
A vacant position can be created when a manager is removed from Populum. It can also be created as a “placeholder” position (for instance when a new team is created but the manager position is still being filled). To create a vacant position:
- Navigate to the manager under which the vacant position should be created by searching for the manager’s name or email address under “Organization”.
- Click the “+” sign below the manager.
- Choose “Create new vacant position“.
- Enter the vacant position’s title (optional).
- Confirm by clicking “Create vacant position“.
How to fill a vacant position
To fill a vacant position:
- Navigate to the vacant position in the organization tree by searching for the manager under whom the vacant position exist.
- Click the gear wheel under next to the vacant position and choose “Fill vacancy“.
- If the user who should fill the vacant position does already exist in Populum, search for the user, select him/her in the search results and confirm (if the user currently holds a manager position, that position will be vacated).
- If the user does not already exist, click “Add new employee” and follow the steps (described in this article).